- July 22, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim said that Lembaga Tabung Haji (TH) will not be properly managed as long as there is political involvement in the pilgrimage fund’s management.
- This comes after an announcement that TH will be placed under the regulation of Bank Negara to improve its overall management and operations due to its importance to the country’s financial system stability.
- Anwar, who is a former finance minister, added that having a representative from the Finance Ministry with a strong presence on the TH board would be the most effective way to move forward.
- The government had initially set up a Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) under the Commissions of Enquiry Act 1950 (Act 119) to investigate issues connected to TH.
- However, before the RCI has even completed its investigation, it had been announced that TH would be placed under Bank Negara.
- Anwar said that Bank Negara should not be tasked to shift duties as it has many unresolved matters to consider.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/584032