- August 9, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- More Bersatu leaders are quitting to support former chairman Dr Mahathir Mohamad and his new party.
- Supreme council member Ulya Aqamah Husamudin and Gerik youth exco chief Abu Hafiz Saleh Hudin are the latest to announce their departure from the party led by Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
- Ulya, who is vacating all his posts in Bersatu, urged members to return to the party’s original struggle.
- Two other supreme council members – A. Kadir Jasin and Tariq Ismail – have already left the party, and Jeram assemblyman Shaid Rosli quit on 8 Aug 20.
- Meanwhile, Negri Sembilan Bersatu chairman Rais Yatim, a known ally of Dr Mahathir, said having another Malay-based party only serves to further split the community. It is best for Dr Mahathir to return to Umno or Bersatu, he said.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/265731