- October 29, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- SEVERAL Umno lawmakers have been approached to join Bersatu, said Annuar Musa. The party secretary-general said several MPs were approached and then a few others sought to join the ruling coalition and swap parties.
- The Ketereh lawmaker added that personally he would stick with Umno as that was the mandate he was given by his constituents. “It is not that we did not consider it. We understand that Bersatu is weak with 13 seats and might not be stable… but we have a bigger responsibility,” Annuar said.
- Bersatu supreme council member A Kadir Jasin said 40 Umno parliamentarians are about to jump ship to Bersatu. The Bersatu supreme council member said the 40 MPs had met party chairman Dr Mahathir Mohamad and president Muhyiddin Yassin.
- He said the party’s supreme council had discussed the matter at its meeting on 28 Oct 18 but did not disclose the identities of the MPs. “However, we have yet to make any decision about accepting them as our party members,” Kadir was quoted as telling reporters by The Star Online on 27 Oct 18.
- “They should resign and join us as an individuals and not as a group,” the portal quoted him as saying. His comments come a day after former Umno stalwart and Jeli MP Mustapa Mohamed joined Bersatu.
- Dr Mahathir said Pakatan Harapan had taken some time to recruit Mustapa after his exit from Umno so as to find out where he stood on certain matters.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/107416
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/107020