- August 18, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- ANIFAH Aman and Mohd Shafie Apdal continue to lock horns over the latest claim made by Manila for Sabah.
- The former foreign minister said what Sabahans wanted to know from the Parti Warisan Sabah president was why he was silent when the Philippines again laid claim to Sabah recently, and not what he had done to stop the demand.
- Anifah, in a recent report, questioned Shafie’s silence over Philippines Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr’s tweet that “Sabah is not in Malaysia if you want anything to do with the Philippines”.
- He said the Semporna MP’s silence had raised questions on whether or not he was worthy to lead Sabah.
- Anifah reiterated that as foreign minister, he had done everything to stop all kinds of demands and threats, including the Philippine’s claim on Sabah.
- Anifah also slammed Shafie for telling reporters the issue about the claim was not his priority as he was busy facing an election.
- “If the sovereignty of Sabah is not even your priority, and any action to demand your stand as chief minister is deemed as a propaganda, then you’re unfit to be a chief minister. Any chief minister in their right mind would be among the first to respond to a claim like that,” he added.
- Shafie earlier brushed off Anifah’s claims he had been silent on the issue, and instead asked what the latter has done on the matter.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/267597