- June 23, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- UMNO’S Tg Karang MP Noh Omar has been nominated as chairman of government-linked company Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Bhd (PUNB), less than a week after he relinquished the MISC Bhd’s chairman’s post.
- An aide to the Selangor Umno chief confirmed the nomination to The Malaysian Insight, saying Noh had received a letter informing him of the matter. However, any decision or announcement by the government will only be made next week.
- Noh is expected to replace Hazimah Zainuddin, who became PUNB chairman in Sep 18, the latest in a string of replacements at GLCs after Perikatan Nasional took federal power in early Mar 20.
- Hazimah, a prominent entrepreneur and member of business councils, had replaced former Malacca chief minister Mohd Ali Rustam, who quit the post at the end of Jun 18 after Pakatan Harapan formed the federal government.
- Another source within PUNB told The Malaysian Insight that Hazimah had announced her pending departure internally on 19 Jun 20. PUNB was formed by the government in 1991 to develop Bumiputera entrepreneurs and industrialists.
- Noh had turned down his appointment at MISC 17 days after taking up the post, saying the company would be better led by a person with professional experience in the field or by a retired politician.
- Selangor Barisan Nasional then urged the government to offer Noh another GLC position.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/256037