- June 11, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Sarawak Premier Abang Johari Openg leads a list of candidates who have been elected unopposed to the top posts of Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) for the 2022-2025 term.
- PBB election officer Awang Bemee Awang Ali Basah said at the close of nominations on 10 Jun 22, Abang Johari was the sole candidate nominated by all 82 branches for the post of party president.
- The election will be held at a three-day delegates’ conference beginning in Kuching on 17 Jun 22.
- He said all party branches also unanimously retained Sarawak’s Deputy Premiers Amar Douglas Uggah Embas and Amar Awang Tengah Ali Hasan for the posts of deputy president.
- “All the branches nominated Fadillah Yusof and Stephen Rundi Utom to the two posts of senior vice-president,” Awang Bemee said at a media conference at the PBB headquarters in Kuching on 11 Jun 22.
- According to him, vice-president Rundi will be replacing Amar Michael Manyin Jawong, who has decided to step down.
- For the posts of vice-president, Gerald Rentap Jabu, Julaihi Narawi, Annuar Rapaee, Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah, Roland Sagah Wee Inn, Abdul Rahman Junaidi, Gerawat Gala, Fatimah Abdullah, and Miro Simuh have also won unopposed.
- Awang Bemee said 14 posts in the PBB Pesaka wing were also uncontested while 16 in its bumiputera wing will be contested by 22 candidates.
- Meanwhile, Uggah, who was present at the media conference, said the no-contest for the top posts showed that the grassroots had full confidence in Abang Johari and the party’s leadership line-up.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/624341