- February 4, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the party will hold two general assembly meetings in 2021.
- He said the first will be the 2020 general assembly that had been postponed to 31 Jan 21 but was shelved indefinitely due to the movement control order (MCO), while the second will be for the much-awaited party elections, where all posts are expected to be contested.
- Umno secretary-general Ahmad Maslan previously said the new date for the 2020 general assembly will only be announced after the Covid-19 situation improves.
- In an interview on 3 Feb 21, Zahid added that he would welcome other candidates to challenge him for the Umno presidency.
- Meanwhile, he also denied rumours that Umno and PAS were at odds, saying that both parties still shared very close ties.