- February 8, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The 1Malaysia Development Bhd-Tanore (1MDB-Tanore) trial will continue on 8 Feb 21 after a month’s hiatus.
- All attention will be focused on former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak’s lead counsel Tan Sri Muhammad Shafee Abdullah and whether or not he will bring up issues pertaining to the controversial memoir by former attorney-general Tan Sri Tommy Thomas titled “My Story: Justice in the Wilderness”.
- Last week, Shafee confirmed that he will be suing Thomas over statements he made in the book linking Najib to the murder of Mongolian woman Altantuya Shaariibuu.
- Thomas had also written about the 1MDB-Tanore and SRC International Sdn Bhd trials in his book.
- Shafee also had asked the Shah Alam High Court last week to cite Thomas for contempt in the murder trial of the Cradle Fund CEO last week.
- Shafee then said he himself would write in to proceed with the contempt bid if the prosecution does not take up citing Thomas for contempt.
External Link : https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/1mdbtanore-trial-resume-today-ex-ag-memoir-expected-be-focus