- July 17, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Indonesia’s tax receipts in 1H19 reached IDR603.34tr, accounting for 38.25% of the target of IDR1,577.56tr set in the 2019 state budget, Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati revealed.
- Income tax remained the main source of tax receipts until the end of 1H19, contributing IDR376.32tr to the overall tax receipts, she said in Jakarta on 16 Jul 19.
- This was followed by tax receipts from the non-oil/non-gas sector with IDR346.16tr, value added tax and luxury sales tax with IDR212.32tr, tax receipts from the oil and gas sector with IDR30.16tr, and the land and building tax and other taxes with IDR14.70tr.
- Compared to 1H18, the tax receipts in 1H19 rose 3.75% y/y. The figure rose as compared to the Jan-May 19 period when it was recorded at 2.43% y/y, she said.
- The increase resulted from the monthly tax receipts in Jun 19 which reached double digits to 10.35% y/y compared to Jun 18, she said.
- After tax receipts recorded net growth due to a surge in tax refunds in Feb 19 and Mar 19, tax receipts at the end of 1H19 showed signs of recovery as the growth of tax refunds returned to normal, she said.
- The positive development of the US-China trade war and the resolution of the 2019 general election results will hopefully have a positive impact on tax receipts, she went on to say.
External Link : https://en.antaranews.com/news/129032/indonesias-first-semester-tax-receipts-reach-rp60334-trillion