- February 5, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- About 2 million Chinese tourists visit Indonesia per year, says Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Wishnutama.
- Minister Wishnutama has estimated that Indonesia is at risk of losing about USD4mn as a result of flight cancellations to and from mainland China amid concerns over the coronavirus outbreak.
- To recoup the losses, he said the government would focus on attracting domestic tourists to popular destinations across Indonesia. The ministry planned to lobby a number of airlines to offer flight packages to domestic destinations, he added.
- He said the government would entice domestic tourists to visit Bali, among other regions, as the island had already begun to report declining foreign tourist arrivals from China after the government decided to halt all flights to and from the East Asian country on 5 Feb 20 at midnight due to the coronavirus outbreak.