- June 15, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The government urges the public to pay more attention than ever to health protocols, as several regions are seeing drastic surge in Covid-19 cases.
- According to the Covid-19 Handling and National Economic Recovery Committee (KPCPEN), new Covid-19 infections are rising sharply in several regions.
- “Complying with health protocols is a way to protect ourselves and those around us. Preventing Covid-19 transmission in our surroundings,” KPCPEN public communication PMO coordinator Arya Sinulingga said in a press statement on 14 Jun 21.
- KPCPEN reported that Kudus district in Central Java is suffering from more than a thirtyfold increase in just a week, while Jakarta becomes the province with the most significant increase in cases. In just ten days, the number of cases has risen by more than 300%.
- Yogyakarta is also seeing up to 107% increase as it gained 445 new cases in just a day on 10 Jun 21.
- This week, 12 districts/cities have shifted from orange to red zones. 10 orange-zone districts/cities are also close to becoming a red zone.
- Arya also urged the regional government and other relevant parties to once again enforce health protocols in their respective regions. They can impose stricter sanctions for protocol violators.
- “Enforcing health protocols is a must to keep the public safe,” Arya said.
External Link : https://jakartaglobe.id/news/indonesia-returns-to-strict-health-protocols-amid-new-wave-in-covid-cases