- May 15, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto said on 14 May 19 that he would not accept the final result of the election issued by the General Election Commission (KPU), which is expected to show that incumbent President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo secured his reelection, claiming his own campaign team has its own data showing that he won the race.
- As of 14 May 19, the vote count tabulation on Situng, the KPU’s online data tabulation center, had gathered more than 80% of the data from 810,000 polling stations nationwide and showed that Jokowi-Ma’ruf Amin led with 56% of the vote, while the Prabowo-Sandiaga Uno ticket garnered 44%.
- Prabowo alleged that the KPU vote count contained “systematic and massive cheating” that had benefited the incumbent.
- The campaign has also made a series of accusations to undermine the credibility of the electoral process, including claiming that the deaths of hundreds of poll administrators in the election were somehow connected to efforts to commit election fraud to disadvantage Prabowo. The campaign has demanded that autopsies be carried out on the dead officials, despite the fact that most of the deaths were caused by old age and poor health.
- The Prabowo campaign has also reported 73,000 input errors on Situng as fraudulent to the Elections Supervisory Agency (Bawaslu) based on screenshots of C1 vote tally forms as well as viral videos.
- Prabowo also claimed that he had won by 54% based on data from 54.9% of the polling stations. The campaign revealed data to support Prabowo’s victory claims.
- The data show that the team collected a total of 1.4 million C1 forms from all provinces, 444,976, or about 30% of which have been validated and verified.
- A vote tabulation website controlled by pro-Prabowo volunteer groups, the National Tabulation of Volunteers for Changing President (Tabanas) showed that Prabowo had won 59%.
- Separately, the KPU suggested that Prabowo’s team immediately hand over all data they have to the commission so it can be compared with the KPU’s data.
- KPU commissioner Hasyim Asy’ari said KPU was open to correction on its real count system if any party found irregularities because it also published the C1 forms.
External Link: https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2019/05/14/prabowo-camp-to-reject-kpu-final-result.html