- April 7, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Indonesia’s top oil and gas company, state-owned Pertamina, will press on with a plan to increase production by 1.8% in 2020 despite financial pressures from falling global crude oil prices.
- Pertamina’s upstream director Dharmawan Samsu said in a statement on 6 Apr 20 that the company “will strive to maintain oil and gas production levels as per our Work, Program and Budget [RKAP]”, which pegs output at 923,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (mboepd).
- The state-owned company’s production rate reached 919 mboepd during the 1Q20, which is 1.4% higher than 2019 but 0.4% lower than the RKAP target.
- Production growth was largely driven by the company’s foreign operation, particularly in Algeria, which is managed by subsidiary Pertamina International EP (PIEP). The subsidiary contributed almost a third of 1Q20 growth.
- Pertamina is also investing USD1bn, nearly a quarter of the company’s total 2020 upstream capital expenditure, in developing Indonesia’s fourth-most productive oil block, the Mahakam Block in East Kalimantan.
External Link : https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/04/07/pertamina-to-go-ahead-with-higher-oil-production-plan-despite-oil-price-crash.html