- August 15, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has planned to announce the 16th economic policy package after the commemoration of the 72nd anniversary of Indonesian Independence on 17 Aug 17, a senior minister said.
- “(The package policy) is actually aimed to change our work procedures in the government in case of investment proposals,” Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs Darmin Nasution said in the yard of the presidential palace here on 14 Aug 17.
- Under the new policy package, the government will assign each ministry and non-ministerial institution to set up a task force to guard and settle investment permits, he revealed.
- In addition to ministries and non-ministerial government institutions, the policy package will also provide directives to regional governments to do the same thing. The economic policy package is also directed toward assisting prospective investors in the various industrial sectors to arrange permits at central and regional levels, he explained.
- The 16th economic policy package will deal with the effort to strengthen “Indonesia National Single Window” (INSW).