- February 27, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The government will move up the distribution of the much-vaunted pre-employment cards to Mar 20 in a bid to mitigate the adverse effects of the coronavirus outbreak on the country’s economy, Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati has said.
- “IDR10tr has been allocated for 2 million people to receive the pre-employment cards and to begin vocational training,” said Sri Mulyani in Jakarta.
- Sri Mulyani said some 500,000 jobseekers would receive the card during the first stages of the program’s implementation, during which the government would disburse IDR2tr for training.
- The government has also prepared IDR443bn in incentives for airlines and travel agents to lure foreign visitors, providing 30% discounts for tickets to a number of destinations for three months.
- Furthermore, the government will also make IDR3.3tr available for regional governments to compensate them for losses due to the government’s decision to waive restaurant and hotel taxes for the next six months.