- June 27, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Public Works and Housing Ministry plans to complete the 1,150-kilometer Trans-Java toll road project to connect Merak in Banten with Banyuwangi in East Java in late 2019.
- Segments of the route totalling 920 km would be in operation by the end of 2018, the government has promised, which includes 607 km already in operation.
- Public Works and Housing Minister Basuki Hadimuljono said in Jakarta on 26 Jun 18 that nine toll road segments would enter operation later in 2018 including the 43km Pejagan-Pemalang section and the 36km Surakarta-Sragen section. They will be officiated in Jul 18.
- In Sep 18, the 51km Sragen-Ngawi section and 6km Porong-Gempong section would commence operation, the minister said, adding that the construction progress on those segments had reached 96% and 76% respectively. Meanwhile, the 32 km Salatiga-Kertosono section would also start operation, as the progress had reached 70%.
- In Nov 18, operations would commence on the 33km Pemalang-Batang section and 74km Batang-Semarang section, as the construction progress had reached 72% and 78% respectively and in Dec 18, two other toll roads – Wilangan-Kertosono and Grati-Probolinggo were expected to enter service.