- March 8, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Fully vaccinated domestic travellers no longer need to undergo a Covid-19 test in Indonesia from 8 Mar 22 as the government eased restrictions amid a downward trend in cases.
- The exemption, which also applies to foreigners, covers all modes of transportation, either by air, sea or land, in the sprawling archipelago.
- Currently, fully vaccinated travellers, including those with booster shots, must present negative rapid antigen test results, while those with just one dose are required to have a negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result.
- A health ministry spokesman Siti Nadia Tarmizi said the easing of requirements took into account Indonesia’s high vaccination coverage.
- As at 8 Mar 22, 148.6 million Indonesians, or 71.4% of the targeted 208.3 million people, have received both doses of a Covid-19 vaccine, while 12.8 million, or 6.2% have had their booster shot.
- She noted that the easing of the testing regime for domestic travel was part of a bigger plan to ease restrictions as Indonesia prepares for the transition to treating Covid-19 as endemic.
External Link : https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/indonesia-eases-covid-19-test-rules-for-domestic-travel