- August 9, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Indonesian consumers were more optimistic in Jul 17 that business activity, income and job availability would improve in 2H17, a survey by the central bank showed on 8 Aug 17.
- Bank Indonesia’s consumer index stood at 123.4 in Jul 17, up from Jun 17’s reading of 122.4. A reading above 100 indicates consumers are optimistic.
- Consumers involved in the survey predicted that prices would slightly increase in 2H17. Indonesia’s annual inflation rate cooled to 3.88% in Jul 17 as demand returned to normal after the Idul Fitri holiday. The rate in Jun 17 was 4.37%.
- Separate survey from global recruitment firm, Michael Page, published earlier this week showed Indonesian professionals are the most confident job seekers across the major cities in Asia Pacific.
- The survey, which sampled 412 mid to senior-level employees in Indonesia, found that more than 84% of the respondents believed the job market will be better and the economy would improve.
External Link : http://jakartaglobe.id/business/consumer-confidence-rise/