- June 11, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav has said that his party is willing to play second fiddle to BSP in order to ensure BJP’s defeat in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- Akhilesh, who was in Mainpuri on 10 Jun 18 to unveil the statue of a former pradhan in Jaurai village of the district, said his party was willing to make a compromise and contest fewer seats if it helped to ensure BJP’s rout in the 2019 general elections.
- “We have an alliance with the BSP and it will continue. If we have to sacrifice 2-4 seats to ensure BJP’s defeat, we will not back out,” he said.
- Claiming that the prepoll grand alliance which won the recent bypolls in UP will continue in future too, Akhilesh said, “Our motive is to win elections against BJP and for this we are ready to ally with BSP.”
- Earlier, there had been signs of souring ties when SP failed to ensure victory for BSP’s lone candidate in the Rajya Sabha elections after the Gorakhpur and Phulpur byelections.