- February 26, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Supreme court on 26 Feb 19 said that it would direct the warring parties in the ayodhya title suit dispute to go for last minute secret mediation to resolve the contentious issue.
- Though the Muslim parties to the case said they were ready for talks, the Hindu parties said they were not agreeable to talks. A CJI led bench however did not pass formal orders to this effect. It said it would pass the orders only on 5 Mar 19.
- The bench led by CJI Ranjan Gogoi said that the talks will conclude in eight weeks the time required for paper work to be completed for a formal hearing of the case.
- The bench said that the mediation will be done confidentially. The bench may apps orders on appointing a mediator on 5 Mar 19.
- The Allahabad high court had in 2010 divided the land on which the now demolished Babri Masjid Ram Janmabhoomi structure once stood in the ratio of 2:1 between the Hindus and the Muslims. Both sides are unhappy with the verdict and have appealed against it in the top court. It has been pending since.