- March 18, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The situation between India and China in the western Himalayan region of Ladakh is fragile and dangerous, with military forces deployed very close to each other in some parts, Indian Foreign Minister S Jaishankar said on 18 Mar.
- At least 24 soldiers were killed when the two sides clashed in the region in mid-2020, but the situation has been calmed through rounds of diplomatic and military talks.
- Violence erupted in the eastern sector of the undemarcated border between the nuclear-armed Asia giants in Dec 22 but did not result in any deaths.
- India-China relations cannot go back to normal, Jaishankar said, until the border row is resolved in line with the Sep 20 in-principle agreement he reached with his Chinese counterpart.
- Jaishankar said he discussed the situation with China’s new foreign minister, Qin Gang, on the sidelines of a meeting of the foreign ministers of the G20 nations hosted by India in Mar 23.
External Link : https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south-asia/article/3214009/india-says-situation-china-fragile-dangerous-himalayan-front