- March 20, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The notices for a no-confidence motion against the Narendra Modi government given by TDP and YSRCP could not be taken up in the Lok Sabha as AIADMK, TRS and RJD members protested in the well of the House on different issues, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the House.
- TRS denied that its protest had rescued the government from a debate on the no-confidence motion. When the Lok Sabha met on 19 Mar 18 after an hour long adjournment, TRS and AIADMK members trooped into the well of the House pressing for their demands.
- AIADMK wanted a Cauvery Management Board to be formed while placards held by TRS members said ‘One Nation, One Law’ for allowing Telangana to have its own reservation policy. RJD member Jai Prakash Narayan Yadav too walked into the well to raise the issue of CBI filing a case against his party chief Lalu Prasad despite its legal wing advising against it.
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan announced that she had received notices for moving Motion of No Confidence in the Council of Ministers from YV Subba Reddy (YSRCP), Thota Narasimham and Jayadev Galla (both TDP).
- Ahead of 2019 general elections, many BJP allies have voiced dissent over issues or given enough indications that they may walk out of NDA. While for some it may just be a ploy to extract benefi ts from senior partner BJP, others are only fair-weather friends. Some NDA partners may part ways now but may not be averse to returning to the fold after the Lok Sabha elections.