- June 17, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The government has given powers to the armed forces to make emergency procurements to stock up its war reserves in the wake of escalating conflict with China along the Line of Actual Control.
- While India has initiated dialogue to contain the conflict in Ladakh, the government did not want to leave anything to chance at this stage, especially after the violence on 15 Jun 20.
- Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat has been asked to coordinate with the three services on prioritising the requirements, where necessary.
- The Navy has also been given the go-ahead to deploy its assets near the Malacca Strait and, if needed, anywhere else in the Indo-Pacific to counter Chinese action.
- The turn of events on 15 Jun 20 took the top brass by surprise. South Block was, in fact, gearing up for a more protracted conversation on getting Chinese troops to move back from Finger 4 in Pangong Tso. It was felt that Chinese PLA would be more belligerent there as it had moved into advantageous ground.
External Link : https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/armed-forces-to-stock-up-war-reserves/articleshow/76415783.cms