- August 23, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Area sown under kharif crops was reported at 104.4 million hectares as of 20 Aug 21.
- This is 1.6% lower than the area covered during the corresponding period in 2020.
- Acreage under rice decreased by -1.1% to 37.4 million hectares and that under coarse cereals also decreased by -1.6% to 16.9 million hectares. Area sown under pulses was up by -1.7% y/y at 13.4 million hectares.
- Oilseeds were sown on 18.8 million hectares, -1.1% lower than 2020.
- Area sown under cotton decreased by -8.3% to 11.7 million hectares and that under sugarcane also decreased by -1.4% to 5.5 million hectares as of 20 Aug 21.