- February 26, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Fiscal deficit touched 121.5% of the full-year revised target of INR6.34tr at the end of Jan 19 on account of lower revenue collections, government data showed on 26 Feb 19.
- The fiscal deficit, or the gap between the government’s expenditure and revenue, stood at INR7.70tr during Apr 18 – Jan 19 of the current financial year ending March.
- According to the data released by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), the revenue receipts of the government totalled INR11.81tr or 68.3% of RE till Jan 19, compared with 72.8% during the same period last fiscal.
- Tax revenue was 68.7% of RE, compared with 76.5% in the comparable period of the previous year.
- According to the CGA data, the total expenditure of the government at end-Jan 19 was 81.5% of RE though that is lower than the 83.0% notched in the previous fiscal year at the same period.
- Capital expenditure touched 72.7% of RE compared with 96.9% in FY19.