- October 21, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- E-way bills in October are likely to surpass September levels with production picking up to meet rising demand during festive season, said experts. The uptick will further strengthen tax collections and economic recovery trends.
- With a present daily average of over 2.17 million, the trend indicates that the total month’s e-way bills may well cross 67 million, same as September, but festive orders are likely to push up demand thus leading to higher numbers.
- As of data available till October 17, nearly 37 million e-way bills were generated, with a daily average of 2.17 million. While the daily average for September was higher at 2.26 million, the total number of bills generated stood at 67.9 million.
- The upward trend of e-way bills has continued since July when 64.1 million bills were generated, with a daily average of 2.06 million, which was followed by August generation of 65.8 million with a daily average of 2.12 million.
- The stronger trend is set to lead to higher goods and service tax collections for October, experts added. GST collections for September stood at INR1.17tr, higher than INR1.12tr recorded in August and INR1.16tr recorded in July this year.