- June 8, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- India recorded 86,498 new cases in the last 24 hours as of 8 Jun 21, taking the country’s total infections to over 28.9 million and marking the lowest spike of daily cases in 66 days.
- This is also the first time in over 2 months that the cases have fallen below the 100,000 mark.
- Active cases further declined to over 130,000. With 2,123 new deaths, the toll is now at 3,51,309.
- With cases declining, some states have started the process of ‘unlocking’ by gradually easing coronavirus-induced restrictions and curfews.
- The Uttar Pradesh government on 8 Jun 21 decided to lift its coronavirus curfew from 7 am to 7 pm in all districts. The night curfew and the weekend curfew will still be continued in all districts, an official spokesperson said.
- The Puducherry government too extended its ongoing lockdown by another week from 7 Jun 21 midnight to 14 Jun 21 and announced easing of several restrictions. Public transport services were allowed to operate till 5 pm along with the opening of liquor shops from 9 am to 5 pm.
- So far, the states of Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh eased its curbs. On the other hand, Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh and Goa, that have decided to continue with lockdown.
External Link : https://indianexpress.com/article/india/coronavirus-india-live-updates-lockdown-relaxations-covid-vaccines-7347240/