- March 13, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Bharatiya Janata Party is planning to release its manifesto in the first week of Apr 19, days ahead of the first phase of polling for the Lok Sabha elections on 11 Apr 19, and avoid a 2014-like situation when the manifesto was released only on the morning of the first day of polling for the first phase.
- Bringing the manifesto early is a “special focus” this time, and that is why home minister Rajnath Singh was put in-charge of the manifesto committee, a party functionary told ET.
- The suggestions that have come in so far indicate to a road-map for the growth of the economy, farmer’s welfare and national security being the cornerstone of the manifesto, and a future course to be laid out in terms of a vision for the middleclass and youth.
- The ‘Make in India’ in defence sector is also expected to be a major point in the manifesto. The government’s vision of tackling terrorism, strengthening the armed forces and the plan for further employment generation is also expected to be the highlights of the BJP manifesto, apart from an important suggestions received by the party for rationalisation of income tax and corporate tax.
- A “bigger” PM Kisan Nidhi Samman scheme in terms of the payout amount is a key suggestion received by the BJP during the manifesto exercise so far.