- February 11, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Aam Aadmi Party on 11 Feb 20 appeared to be heading back to power for a second term in Delhi with the party leading in 52 seats of the 70 and the BJP ahead in 18 as votes for last week’s assembly elections were counted, according to Election Commission figures.
- The contest for political power over the national capital was a bipolar one with the Congress nowhere in the reckoning, according to initial trends.
- AAP supremo and Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was leading in the New Delhi seat by 4,300 seats, while his deputy Manish Sisodia from Patparganj seat was ahead by 102 votes.
- BJP leader Vijender Gupta, who is also leader of opposition in the Delhi legislative assembly, was trailing by over 1,200 votes from Rohini.
- As early celebrations broke out in the AAP headquarters in Rouse Avenue, BJP’s Delhi unit chief Manoj Tiwari asked his party supporters not to lose hope.