- March 26, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The house of representatives commission XI will begin the approval process of Bank of Indonesia governor nominee Perry Warjiyo.
- The fit and proper test is done to ensure that the most capable candidate is selected for significant roles, such as the governor of the central bank in this case. As of now, there appears to be no significant opposition to Perry’s nomination.
- Among the experts invited were former vice president and BI governor Boediono, former maritime affairs and fisheries minister Rizal Ramli and Atma Jaya Catholic University economist Antonius Prasetyantoko.
- Meanwhile, the fit and proper test will be held on 28 Mar 18. Fit and proper tests for the position of deputy governor will be held on 27 Mar 18.
- The results for both BI governor and BI deputy governor will be announced on 29 Mar 18 and will be affirmed in the House’s plenary session on 4 Apr 18.
- After his approval by the House, Perry, who is now a BI deputy governor, will replace BI Governor Agus Martowardojo, who will end his term in May 18.