- August 13, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The “green wave” which carried Perikatan Nasional to win 74 parliamentary seats in the 2022 general election continued its momentum in the state legislative elections on Saturday.
- Bersatu and PAS were able to strengthen their position in Kelantan, Terengganu and Kedah at the expense of both Pakatan Harapan and Barisan Nasional, especially BN lynchpin Umno.
- Based on the official results so far, it is clear that the “green wave” is getting stronger, having also swept through the west coast states of Penang, Selangor and Negeri Sembilan.
- While the unity coalition managed to retain control of the three states, PN made inroads, especially in Malay areas in Penang and Selangor, that for many years had been dominated by PH and BN.
- However, given Anwar’s majority in parliament, the anti-hopping law and the fact that Ahmad Zahid Hamidi is in the driver’s seat in Umno and BN, any changes at the federal level are unlikely to happen overnight.