- September 16, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- In a relief to the farm sector, the government has decided not to levy 2% tax deduction at source (TDS) on cash payments of over INR10mn made through Agriculture Produce Market Committees (APMCs).
- The government had made the provision of levying 2% TDS on cash withdrawals exceeding INR10mn in the Union Budget with an aim to discourage cash transactions and move towards a less-cash economy.
- Meanwhile, in another tweet, the minister said an additional 15% depreciation will be allowed on motor vehicles purchased between 23 Aug 19, and 31 Mar 20.
- “The move is expected to give a boost to the automobile sector by driving sales,” she added.
- The depreciation on cars purchased during the period will be 30% as against the normal rate of 15%.
- While in the case of buses, lorries and taxis, the depreciation rate has been enhanced to 45% from 30%. Depreciation helps companies reduce tax liabilities.