- April 4, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Indonesian president Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has announced that five sectors will be developed for the ‘fourth industrial revolution’, also known as Industry 4.0. This refers to the digitisation of the manufacturing sector.
- The five industries are food/beverage, textiles, automotive, electronics, and chemicals.
- By developing these products, the belief is that they will become more internationally competitive and create more jobs.
- The ministry of industry expects Indonesia’s manufacturing industry to contribute 21-26% of GDP by 2030, up from the current 17.9%.
- Additionally, this could see the creation of up to 19million jobs.