- August 31, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Democratic Party expressed strong resentment on Thursday, accusing coalition partners of treachery for choosing Muhaimin Iskandar as Anies Baswedan’s running mate in the upcoming 2024 presidential election.
- Adding to the discontent, Anies did not personally inform coalition members about this sudden decision. Instead, he dispatched an aide to communicate on his behalf.
- While Anies has yet to confirm this allegation, Teuku Riefky Harsya, the Secretary-General of the Democratic Party, asserted that the decision to pair Anies with the National Awakening Party (PKB) chairman was made on Tuesday without the knowledge of other coalition members
- Originally, the PKB was not part of the three-party coalition that endorsed Anies for the 2024 election.
- Teuku further claimed that Anies had previously agreed to choose Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono, the Chairman of the Democratic Party, as his running mate.