- August 10, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Former Penang deputy chief minister II Prof P. Ramasamy announced his decision to resign from DAP today. He said this does not mean he is against DAP or the Pakatan Harapan coalition.
- The former Perai assemblyman who is not a candidate in this Saturday’s state election said he took a long time to arrive at a decision as it was difficult.
- “I am fully supportive of Chow and Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. I am only doing this against certain leaders in DAP,” he said.
- “He (Ramasamy) is disappointed with the current situation in the party, more so the choice of party candidates for the state election,” a source told the New Straits Times.
- Ramasamy, who is seen as a “liability” to DAP as he often speaks “the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth”, was one of five DAP state executive council members dropped as candidates for the state election.
- Ramasamy had recently alleged “hidden hands” behind the selection of candidates for the party to be fielded in the upcoming state election.
- He said it was obvious that all those who were in support of caretaker Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow were slashed from the candidates’ list as announced by Loke.
External Link :