- May 27, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Beijing and Moscow vowed to strengthen ties and improve communication on a political solution to the war in Ukraine in talks on 26 May between China’s special envoy for Eurasian affairs, Li Hui, and Russian diplomats, including Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
- Li was in the Russian capital as part of Beijing’s effort to push its peace plan and at the tail end of a tour that took him to five other European countries, including Ukraine.
- Li, a former ambassador to Russia, said Beijing had always upheld an “objective and fair” position and actively promoted peace talks, according to the Chinese foreign ministry, though it did not offer details on Beijing’s proposals.
- The ministry said the two sides agreed that Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to Russia in Mar 23 “further deepened political mutual trust” and “injected new and strong impetus” into China-Russia cooperation.
- According to the ministry, Moscow said it would continue to adhere to the direction of political settlement and continue to strengthen communication and coordination with China.