- November 21, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- China said on Tuesday (Nov 21) that it would be a “serious mistake” if Argentina were to cut ties, after the weekend presidential election victory in the South American country of a right-wing libertarian who has said he will not deal with communists.
- Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Mao Ning told a regular news briefing that the development of bilateral relations with Argentina had been showing good momentum, and it would be a “serious mistake” for Argentina to cut ties with countries such as China and Brazil.
- Diana Mondino, an economist tipped to become foreign minister in the Milei administration, said that Argentina would not join the BRICS grouping, which includes China and Russia.
- Mondino told RIA Novosti that Argentina would “stop interacting” with the governments of China and Brazil, when asked whether Argentina would encourage exports and imports with those countries.
- Mao, asked by reporters about Mondino’s remarks, said: “The two sides have strong economic complementarity and huge potential for cooperation.
- “China is willing to continue to work together with Argentina to promote the stability and long-term development of bilateral relations.”