- May 6, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- China is ready to work with Britain to enhance their friendship, President Xi Jinping has said in a message of congratulation to the newly crowned King Charles.
- The message, sent by Xi and his wife Peng Liyuan, also said China is ready to work with Britain to develop a stable and mutually beneficial bilateral relationship.
- Britain’s current government is seeking to reset the relationship with China after years of growing tensions.
- Xi’s message said the world is undergoing “profound and complex transformations”, and the international community is faced with many unprecedented challenges, according to state news agency Xinhua.
- Xi also noted that the two countries, as permanent members of the UN Security Council, should “take a long-term and strategic view to jointly promote the historical trend of peace, development, cooperation and win-win situations”.
External Link : https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3219559/will-chinese-vice-president-han-zhengs-trip-king-charles-coronation-help-reset-ties-britain