- June 25, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- China said it supports Russia’s actions to maintain national stability, a day after Moscow defused the biggest threat to President Vladimir Putin’s rule.
- The brief statement by a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson, who described the weekend’s events as “Russia’s internal affair,” came after Foreign Minister Qin Gang met in Beijing with Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Andrey Rudenko.
- It expanded on an earlier comment from Beijing that the pair had exchanged views on international and regional issues of common interest.
- Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Ma Zhaoxu also met Rudenko on 25 Jun, vowing to defend the countries’ common interests in the face of a “complex and grim” international environment.
- Mutual political trust between Beijing and Moscow has been growing under Putin and President Xi Jinping, China’s foreign ministry cited Ma as saying in another statement.