- November 30, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Indonesia’s central bank bought IDR58tr (USD4bn) of government bonds, the first transaction in its latest round of debt monetization.
- Bank Indonesia purchased IDR14.5tr each of four series of notes due in five to eight years via a private placement, the finance ministry’s debt management office said on 30 Nov 21.
- Future bond-buying by the central bank will be done gradually, in line with the government’s need to fund its pandemic stimulus, the office said in a statement On 30 Nov 21.
- Bank Indonesia plans to buy about IDR215tr of government bonds 2021 and 224tr rupiah in 2022 under its latest round of “burden sharing” arrangement to help finance the state budget.
- That’s even as the government plans to use its spare cash to buy its own bonds from the market after canceling the rest of its bond auctions 2021.
External Link : https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-30/bank-indonesia-buys-4-billion-of-bonds-in-debt-monetization