India is Britain’s closest friend: PM Theresa May – 6 Nov 2016
- January 22, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Business plans
- Describing India as the UK’s “most important and closest” friend and a leading power in the world, Prime Minister Theresa May on 6 Nov 16 said her visit to India will reaffirm the importance of bilateral strategic partnership.
- In an article published in the ‘Sunday Telegraph’ as she left for India for her first bilateral visit outside the UK, she said plans to promote the best of Britain during her three-day trade mission to New Delhi and Bengaluru.
- She writes: “One of our most important and closest friends has to be India – a leading power in the world, with whom we share so much history, culture and so may values, and which is led by a Prime Minister who is undertaking a far-reaching programme of reform.
- “Building 100 new ‘Smart Cities’, encouraging firms to ‘Make in India’, getting the country online with ‘Digital India’, delivering better healthcare, infrastructure, skills and finance – these form Prime Minister Modi’s vision, and with our world-class architects, lawyers, financiers, engineers, medics, academics and tech experts, Britain is the ideal partner to help achieve that, creating jobs and growth in both our countries,” she said.
- Dismissing any talk of a free trade agreement (FTA), she said that focusing on that is missing the point as while an FTA cannot be signed until the official Brexit process, engagement with countries outside the EU can be stepped up.
External Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/india-is-britains-closest-friend-pm-theresa-may/articleshow/55275365.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst